Welcome to the SecureHospitals.eu School
This event aims to provide knowledge to IT professionals, cybersecurity trainers and management professionals in healthcare organisations on identifying threats and promoting cybersecurity as well as enabling knowledge exchange and discussion based on the expertise of the participants.
The content of the SecureHospitals.eu School is split into three full days.
On day one a first understanding of the cybersecurity threats, scenarios and related outcomes and impacts for health care organisations will be established and illustrated with real-life case studies.
The second day provides advanced knowledge on creating and developing a cybersecurity culture within the organisations by addressing critical issues such as training of medical and administrative staff, situational awareness, risk management and focussing on security in the procurement of new technologies. During the Workshops participants will get an overview of policies and regulations, handbooks and guidelines, risk assessment, checklists and case studies.
The third day of the School focuses on response and recovery providing toolkits for assessing and reducing cyber risks in hospitals and care centres and introducing incident response guidelines and procedures.
Participants of this event will be able to:
- identify, explain and discuss the basic cybersecurity threats to the health care sector and hospitals in specific
- discuss common factors and basic regulations and legislative standards that affect privacy and cybersecurity in healthcare
- present models and practices that facilitate the analysis of present security cultures in organisations
- design training activities according to the assessed ‘gaps’ in their cybersecurity culture and to requirements of the different staff groups within the organisation
- define measures for the introduction of cybersecurity practices